• Create the heating and cooling system
for the entire building.
• Require little or no maintenance.
• With the addition of MGO (magnesium oxide) the walls createa net zero
• Provide quiet, comfort and health.
• Last for hundreds of years.
• Use on-site or local soils.
• Design "Net-plus" homes that actually produce excess energy and water as well
as eliminate CO2 emissions. READ more about sustainability and net-plus homes.
• Make available to the middle market elegantly designed sustainable homes.
• Meet a higher standard than LEED for HOMES for residential construction.
• Create buildings made to last for generations but which, at the end of
their life span, can be regenerated or recycled.
• Employ the use of local renewable resources.
For those who want to use Poured Earth as a building material, Living Systems can provide the necessary testing and coordination for your project. The process begins with preliminary testing of poured earth mixes to establish compressive and tensile strength and shrinkage characteristics for your specific project and site. Through the development of a specific materials mix, Living Systems makes sure that all engineering criteria for your project are met.
These mixes are designed for strength, durability, ease of mixing, and delivery and placement. They are also designed to use the most earth-friendly additives available. Living Systems will work with your local concrete supplier and concrete pump service to establish a team effort where everyone is "on board.